Pet Plant Production Manager
|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Trouw Nutrition is part of Nutreco, a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. We are dedicated to reaching our goals under the guidance of Quality, Innovation and Sustainability and through the hiring of talented motivated individuals.
So, when you decide to work for Trouw Nutrition GB - you're not just choosing a Company of Feed Additives, Minerals and Premixes: you're working with us to help us achieve the real vision, to improve the farm efficiency of food production around the world, to create more value together and to help feed the future, naturally and sustainably.
Pet Plant Production Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager for our Pet premix manufacturing plant to play a key role in maximising productivity, efficiency, quality, safety and customer service.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Oversee the safe, efficient & effective operation of the production area in accordance with schedules and agreed targets
- Provide leadership and motivation to create a strong team culture
- Ensure the Quality of manufactured goods/services by managing to prescribed quality systems
- Manage operatives, teams and plant to achieve, maintain and exceed efficiency targets and schedules
- Key liaison with International team, purchasing, supply chain and engineering
- Ensure PPE/H&S requirements are met and health and safety procedures are followed
- Coordinate training of all new operatives and record appropriately
- Ensure compliance to QC checks
- Support capital investment plans and be active in implementation
- Analyse plant performance including reasons for deviation from plan and proposed solutions
- Support plant internal and external audits, following up with corrective actions with the agreed audit profile
- Ensure Plant cleanliness meets company defined cleaning schedules and standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Production Management role within a high volume target driven environment
- Previous experience working in industries involving blending powders e.g. Food, premix, pharma preferable
- Knowledge of Food Safety/HACCP requirements
- Strong track record of people management and development
- Knowledge and experience of working within quality management systems
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Ability to manage and resolve issues through systematic root cause analysis
Applicants with the experience as outlined above should apply in writing, stating current salary and enclosing a curriculum vitae, to Hayley Rowlinson, HR Administrator, Trouw Nutrition GB, Blenheim House, Blenheim Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1HA Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 6th March 2019