Field Service Engineer
|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Nutreco is a global leader in Animal Nutrition and Aquaculture, employing more than 11,000 people in 35 countries. With a proven track record of success, Trouw Nutrition GB , is a Nutreco company in the UK, manufacturing a wide range of animal nutrition products and solutions with a turnover of c£100million.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to provide a customer focused installations, servicing and repair service for our Feed Additives Dosing Equipment.
You will be responsible for working with the customer to deliver installations of the equipment that meet their specific requirements and ensure all safety protocols are in place. Together with a 3rd party service provider you will also carry out routine servicing, repair and calibration of the systems as required at the customer premises. Developing a close working relationship with the customer to understand their requirements, it will be critical that you can work independently, have strong communication skills and enjoy being solution focussed. You will have a dotted line to the site Engineering Manager and provide process development and project support to the site team as required.
Other key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
- Deliver fast and effective electrical/mechanical fault finding through RCA techniques.
- Develop maintenance plans and control measures for installations. Create work instructions and optimise PM routine frequencies.
- Complete accurate customer reports and follow up actions.
- Adhere to all customer site safety rules, carry out risk assessments and supply method statements as required.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for system design efficiency improvements.
- Maintain records within the site maintenance management system (Ultimo) to detail repairs, modifications and breakdowns.
- Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance.
- Be an active member of the customer Account Team as required.
- Evaluate the quantity and availability of critical spare parts, work as a key member of the site Engineering Team to build and optimise a bespoke materials management system.
The successful candidate will be a qualified, time served apprenticeship trained Multi Skilled Engineer and have an HNC in engineering or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably having competed 18th edition IEE wiring regulations. Experience of metering systems in a service/calibration role would be advantageous, as would working in a field service and customer-facing role.
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- To work at a competent level of expertise on PLC’s, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of DSEAR (ATEX) and COMAH desirable.
- You must be willing to travel/spend nights away from home and be on call if required.