|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Trouw Nutrition GB is a Nutreco company based in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, and manufactures a range of nutritional products for use in both the agricultural animal feed and pet food industries.
We are currently seeking a Demand Planner to join the planning team in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for creating, monitoring, analysing, and improving the demand forecast for the business, both short and long term.
Working closely with all stakeholders you will be continually reviewing and evaluating the current situation, across all product types (sale and captive use), brands and channels, to understand and address the effects of deviations from the demand plan. You will also be jointly responsible for monitoring the forecast accuracy & bias and constantly looking for solutions and tools to improve the accuracy of the plan.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Preparing an as accurate as possible demand forecast for all products with a horizon of 18 months in close cooperation with the stakeholders that contribute to this process (Sales, Operations, Supply Chain).
- Encourage the most relevant input from sales (and marketing) about seasonal effects, promotions, market trends, distribution changes, tenders, product introductions and product terminations in a regular and timely manner.
- Leading and further shaping the monthly demand meeting, including input from sales & marketing.
- Timely informing the organisation when stock levels, outbound deliveries and/or customer service are at risk.
- Proposing improvements to the forecasting process and putting them into practice
- The preparation and monitoring of KPIs to measure forecast accuracy and bias.
- Participating in various projects with the aim of improving the forecast reliability and/or the forecasting process.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial awareness and proven experience with forecasting and sales and operations planning, preferably within the animal feed industry. They must have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be results driven and able to demonstrate strong numerical capability with a passion for detailed analysis.
In order to be considered for the position you will have a Degree in the field of supply chain, operations, economies, technical engineering or similar. Excellent knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office packages (in particular of MS Excel) is a key requirement and knowledge of Infor M3 and DMP are desirable.
Applicants with the experience as outlined above should apply in writing, stating current salary and enclosing a copy of your current CV, to: Hayley Rowlinson, HR Administrator, Trouw Nutrition GB, Blenheim House, Blenheim Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1HA e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2018