Part of the Nutreco Group since 2007, Trouw Nutrition GB supplies a range of innovative nutritional products and services to the agricultural and companion animal markets.
Trouw Nutrition GB is one of the largest manufacturers of vitamin and mineral mixtures for livestock and companion animals in the UK. The GB operation based in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, was founded in 1870 and was a family company, run by the Wright family as Frank Wright Ltd until 1996 when the company was acquired by BASF.
After 11 years as part of the BASF Group, the company changed hands and became part of the multinational Nutreco Group in 2007. All GB premix operations were consolidated at the production facility in Ashbourne.
- 1870 Company founded (Frank Wright)
- 1950s Introduction of iodised salt
- 1950s Started manufacture of base mixes
- 1970s Started manufacture of premixes
- 1974 Relocated to current site
- 1977 International business started
- 1996 Acquisition by BASF
- 1999 New stand alone Pet Food Premix Plant
- 2007 Acquisition by Nutreco
- 2014 Rebranding to Trouw Nutrition GB