|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Nutreco is a global leader in Animal Nutrition and Aquaculture, employing more than 11,000 people in 35 countries. With a proven track record of success, Trouw Nutrition GB is a Nutreco company in the UK, manufacturing a wide range of animal nutrition products with a turnover of c£100million.
Due to continued investment we are seeking an experienced Projects Engineer to help the Site achieve its targets through providing planned maintenance programmes, management of capital projects from concept to completion and working with the Engineering team to develop efficient and cost effective engineering solutions for the future.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for full Capital/Revenue project management, scope, costings, stakeholder management, milestone planning, and ensuring compliance to HS&E regulations (COMAH) and GMP standards. You will proactively lead improvements within manufacturing, warehousing and site facilities, and work to ensure all site compliance activities are adhered to and actively drive the safety culture.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Develop short / long term project plans, submit detailed project proposals and justifications aligned with the overall business aims.
- Implementation of projects to agreed timelines, within budget and strictly follow change management procedure.
- Responsible for all aspects of delivering a range of projects from initial project scope, specification, costing, stakeholder management through the change control process, milestone planning to agreed time lines and full compliance to the sites HS&E commitments including the COMAH regulations.
- To apply the relevant GMP standards to all activities within our Agricultural and Pet Premix feed facilities.
- The completion of regulatory/statutory inspections activities across the site within schedule and act quickly to resolve any non-conformances.
- When delivering projects create planned maintenance schedules to maximise plant lifecycle.
- Actively manage safety issues, communicate to the business what actions need to be undertaken to ensure a safe working environment.
- To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver Electrical / Fabrication / Mechanical modifications where ever possible
- Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, TPM, Waste reduction and plant performance.
- Be available to give technical assistance by phone when required.
- Co-ordination of contractors, issuing permits and auditing contractor compliance (relating to projects).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong FMCG engineering background with relevant recognised multi-disciplined qualifications (HND or above) in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Automation Engineering.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of project management with a clear understanding of project deliverables.
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, TPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in building services, food mills or similar manufacturing industries, automated raw material feed systems, auto weighing, bagging lines, LEV, packaging and palletising equipment a distinct advantage.
- Previous training / skills including CAD design or equivalent software, CDM / COMAH regulations, be IOSH / NEBOSH accredited would be a distinct advantage to this role.
- Must be a self-motivated team player who is a keen problem solver, have the ability to analyse / scrutinise data and take ownership of issues. Be able to deliver sustainable improvements with good communication skills.
Applicants with the qualifications and experience as outlined above should apply in writing, stating current salary and enclosing curriculum vitae, to:
Hayley Rowlinson, HR Administrator, Trouw Nutrition GB, Blenheim House, Blenheim Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1HA
Closing date: 19th December 2017